Wisdom Teeth Removal
Common problems associated with wisdom teeth misalignment include:
- Painful, swollen gums
- Crowded or damaged surrounding teeth
- Possible damaged nerves and jawbone
Even though many fear getting their wisdom teeth removed, the dental team at Thunder Mountain Dentistry will provide the safest, most comfortable extraction procedure possible.
The extraction procedure:
- Local, sedation or general anesthesia is administered
- An incision is made in the gum tissue
- The bone that blocks access to the tooth root is removed
- The wisdom tooth is removed
- The site of the removed tooth is cleaned
- The wound is stiched close to promote healing, though this isn't always necessary
- Gauze is placed over the extraction site to control bleeding and to help a blood clot form
Don't put off having your wisdom teeth extracted when the time is right. Call your Bullhead City dentist at 928-763-9803 today to schedule a consultation.